Thursday, August 20, 2009

Met My Sponsored Child


This has been the first time this week I have had 5 minutes to even think about posting to the Blog. We leave early in the morning and get back just in time to go to bed. I was able to meet my own sponsored child on Monday afternoon and it was so amazing! She is beautiful just like her picture, I also met her whole family and got lots of pictures and video. I was very fortunate to have with me a couple from Calgary and Peter just happens to make films. He video taped my visit while his wife took pictures. When you are there you have no idea what is going on around you. We had so many children surrounding us and following us that at one point it was kinda scary. It is a very sobering and emotional experience meeting these children and seeing how very differently they live. I would love to tell you more about my visit with Immaculee but I am very limited for time. It is very late here and I must get some sleep. I hope we will have some time to tell you more about the amazing time we are having.

Carol

1 comment:

Betty said...

Hi, Carol - Just got set up with the inter - net and wanted to let you know that all of us here have been keeping track of your where abouts.
Mom,Michelle, Autumn, Emmy & Nolan & Pete all say Hi! and wish you a very safe trip.Our church in Athabasca and ourselves have been praying for the both of you.

We all miss you and can't wait to have you back home again safe & sound.

Take care and we will be talking to you later.